Wednesday, June 2, 2021

An Amazing Gift

 June 2, 2021

She’s sleeping now, after a long and busy day getting ready for the wedding. The gardens are planted and mulched, the lawn mowed and trimmed, cookies are baked, the garage is full of supplies, and our dining room looks like a restaurant supply warehouse. It has been her labor of love for our dear Abi, but the greatest gift is where Linda is snoozing tonight. 


Every couple weeks as we climb into bed, she slowly looks around the room and exclaims, “Have I told you how much I love this room?” It’s the ground level bedroom we added on three summers ago. It’s spacious, with a pastel teal paint scheme, antique sconce lighting, hardwood floor and the carved queen bed I bought her for Christmas about six years ago. She absolutely loves that room! Tonight however, she is sleeping upstairs in our old bedroom so our houseguest for the next ten days doesn’t have to climb stairs at 87 years of age.


For nearly 51 years I have been married to the most amazing and most giving woman I have ever met. I have watched her sacrifice time after time in order to bless someone who usually hasn’t the faintest idea of the magnitude of her generosity and what it cost her to give as she does. If besides my salvation God only gave me her, I would consider myself the most fortunate man on earth, and tonight, she sleeps unaware of the depth of my gratitude for the most amazing gift of her love for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment