Saturday, June 12, 2021

Jake and Abi

June 12, 2021


It’s been one week, and I’m thinking tonight of all the things I wish I had remembered to say. I didn’t, so here goes:


Abi, we have loved you since before you were born. You are the most wonderful Christmas gift we’ve ever been given, and Meema’s prayer that you be as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside has already been answered. 


Jake, we’ve prayed for you since before you were born, that you would be a man of God, a man of integrity, faithfulness, and love. We didn’t know your name al those years, but God knew you, and was busy answering our prayers. 


I am old, and too often see life through jaded eyes, but yours are fresh with anticipation and love, which fills me with hope. The future is God’s, and he places it before you, entrusting you with the treasure of each other’s hearts. So love! In sunshine and storm, joy and sorrow—love, boldly, with abandon, with the love God poured out upon us in Christ. And know that you both will always be loved and treasured in our hearts, and as long as we draw breath, you will be in our prayers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment