Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Intercession

March 16, 2021


“Sometimes you can get so sick you can’t even pray for yourself.” Sue was back at church after weeks of absence due to illness. Her testimony continued, “When that happens, it’s good to know others are praying for you.” 


Over the past few days, I’ve thought about her words. Monday I was feeling odd; tired, mostly. I slept on an off all day, but hardly at all Monday night. My son Nathan called me to see how I was feeling, and before hanging up, prayed for me. Often when we pray for people, nothing seems to happen, and we wonder if those prayers made any difference at all. I’ve listened to people testifying about how they could actually feel others’ prayers for them making a difference. That hasn’t generally been my experience, except for last night. As Nate prayed, I could feel a difference in my body. Judging from my symptoms, I’m not completely well yet, but I am trusting in the Power behind those prayers, that Jesus Christ in whose Name we pray is actually bringing healing into my body. 


Last night, I couldn’t even think straight. I wasn’t able to gather my thoughts enough to read my Bible or pray, and like Sue, it is good to know others are praying for me when I cannot do so for myself.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment