Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Barrenness

 March 10, 2021

Psalm 63:1 “My soul thirst for You, My flesh longs for you in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water.”


There is a thirst inside me that will not go away, a restlessness that refuses to settle. I am often amazed at the state of my own soul. I know where life and satisfaction is to be found, but too often, instead of turning to the fountain that never runs dry, I still turn to the dry and broken cisterns of this world (Jeremiah 2:3) that can hold no water. The daily news, television, internet articles and videos may be entertaining and informative, but they have no ability to settle the soul and calm the restless spirit. Only You, O Lord; your Word, your forgiveness, companionship, wisdom, and love—everything else is but a dry and barren land.


This psalm is all about You. May every thought and every action turn back to You so my soul can continue to be satisfied as it was early this day as I met with two brothers to pray. “Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me blessing his holy name.” (Psalm 103:1)


No comments:

Post a Comment