Thursday, March 25, 2021

Foundation

 March 25, 2021

Tonight’s musings will be short. For some reason, I’ve been particularly weary today as I approach the end of quarantine. My chest is congested more than it has been. But here are my thoughts, spare as they are. Isaiah 58:12—“You shall raise the foundations of many generations.” At my stage in life, I’m done with kingdom building, with great plans for the future, big ideas for ministry. What I would like more than anything else however, is to be one who raises foundations for future generations, to be able to build into the lives of those younger than me (there are more of them these days). I don’t know what form this will take; perhaps editing my book, perhaps working in Cuba, perhaps with the kids who come to the creek. 


Foundations are not usually seen. They’re buried, but without them, the structure is unstable. I don’t care who, if anyone sees it; I just want to lay those foundations so the young people in my life can build soundly. It’s why I do what I do, even when I’m sick. The Foundation of all foundations is Jesus Christ. Block after block, I keep laying it down, as best as I can. May the edifice bring honor to His Name!


No comments:

Post a Comment