Monday, December 24, 2018

Bassically Christmas Eve

December 24, 2018

Pastoring in Dunkirk for the past year and a half, I’ve had to take my leave from the Park church worship team. Tonight, I had the privilege of joining them again for the 11:00 pm Christmas Eve candlelight service, playing my bass. The service was moving, with Scripture interspersed with congregational singing led by the worship team. Pastor Joe spoke with passion and clarity about the reason Jesus was born that first Christmas so many years ago, speaking persuasively of our need for a Savior. 


It’s difficult for me to tell whether I was moved by the service itself or merely the fact that I had the joy of once more being a part of the worship team. Son Nate, daughter Jessie, good friend Bri, and granddaughter Alex led in glorious and harmonious worship, while Nate played guitar and Alex keyboard, and I plied the bass with basic patterns and simple runs. It’s been too long since I’ve had this privilege which I’m sure blessed me more than it blessed anyone else. Applying one’s gifts, however limited they may be, always brings with it deep satisfaction when offered in service to God. I am grateful tonight for this privilege. It was a good way to usher in Christmas Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment