Friday, July 13, 2018

Contentment

July 13, 2018


As near as I can tell, there is nothing left to do. It’s been a busy, hectic week, trying to think of all the details, collecting all the necessary supplies, and loading the trailer and truck for the party in the park celebrating the 100th anniversary of our church building. Tomorrow will tell. There was a time when I would be freaking out at this point. In Philippians 4:18, Paul says, “I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content.” I think it’s important that he says contentment was something he learned; it didn’t come naturally. I’ve learned that there are some things I can control, but far much more than I cannot. I cannot determine how many or who comes out tomorrow. I have no way of knowing whether we’ll have unmanageable crowds, or if almost no one will show up. I cannot control the weather. All I can control is my preparation. I’ve done all I can, and am thankful that the rest of this is in God’s hands, not mine. Tomorrow will be a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment