Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Rooftop Fun

December 14, 2016

What on earth was I thinking? This morning I got up and worked out as I usually do three times a week. Upper body and legs; I've taken a break from the crunches since I tweaked my back last week. So far, so good. Except that the day's schedule consisted mostly of shoveling the snow off the roof. Ah ha! Yesterday I went out and bought a handy-dandy roof rake! But I hadn't counted on the fact that those things only work when the snow is light and fluffy. Today's snow was wet and heavy; it had sat there for nearly a week. So like Santa Claus, up on the rooftop I went, armed with a snow shovel instead of a bag of goodies. Two and a half hours later, I had the front half of the house done, and my arms feel like wet noodles.

We're supposed to get another storm blowing in tomorrow and Friday, so it had (and has) to be done. Tomorrow I'll be back on the roof, and Friday it's the garage. But I don't think I'll need to prepare myself with an artificial workout in the morning. I'm just thankful that I can still move. And hopeful that I'll be able to tomorrow. The Bible says God's mercies are new every morning. I believe that; but I am curious to see what tomorrow's mercies will feel like.

No comments:

Post a Comment