Thursday, September 29, 2016

One Thing Right

September 29, 2016 There are many things wrong in this world, but there is also much good that goes unnoticed because it is so common and ordinary. Like the aroma wafting through our house today. This morning after breakfast with pastor Joe, I was able to pick nearly 40 gallons of grapes for my daughter before the rain came. And since it was raining, I wasn't able to do any of the outside work that's waiting for my attention, so I began processing the grapes I picked yesterday. It smells heavenly, and gives me great satisfaction to see the jars lined up on the counter. I haven't gotten halfway through them yet, but there's always tomorrow. Earth-shaking? Hardly. But as the writer of Ecclesiastes said, "Go your way, eat your bread with joy, and drink your wine with a merry heart; for God now accepts your works...Live joyfully with the wife whom you love all the days of thy life...for that is your portion in this life, and in your labor which you take under the sun." (9:7-9). There's a lot in this life that I cannot do, but this I can, and will.

No comments:

Post a Comment