Monday, September 19, 2016

Lie Down in Peace

September 19, 2016 My days are generally simpler than they used to be. The frenetic schedule has been replaced by a more mellow, human pace, and yet things that need to be done get done. I didn't rise this morning till nearly 7:30 am, had coffee with Linda before she left for her swimming lesson, whereupon I worked out, read my Bible, the paper, and finished reading a book, before spraying some weird fungus on the mulch underneath our garden swing and cleaning out the old woodshed so Linda can use it for gardening stuff. The wood that had been in the old shed was some I bought last year from a local man who cuts wood for a living. He is legally blind and works hard, so I wanted to help out. Problem is, he cuts a standard 18" log that is just a bit too long for my small stove. I can get it in with a bit of maneuvering, but Nate's stove is big, so it just made sense to give it to him. I loaded it up, took it over, and we chucked it into his basement storage area. Practicing my bass for half an hour took me nearly to dinner, when a friend arrived for supper. Men's group and a 9:00 drive to Churchville with my friend Willie rounded out the day. It's now midnight, and I have a 6:00 am breakfast meeting, so I'll just say, "Thank you, Lord, for a laid-back day filled with meaningful activity. Forgive the sins of the day, and make me to lie down in peace, for your Name's sake. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment