Monday, July 11, 2016

Birthday Blessings

July 11, 2016

Today is my birthday. I've been surprised at the number of "happy birthdays" I got on Facebook. I didn't realize that many people know me, let alone like me enough to wish me a happy birthday. It feels good, but makes me wonder what to do with the Scriptural injunction to beware when all speak well of you. After all, one's character is measured not only by the company one keeps, but also by the enemies one makes. Linda asked me if I had a good day. I told her it's been a great day, although a bit quiet. It feels odd to not make some sort of headway on a project, but that's what happened today.

I am thankful tonight to have had the privilege of celebrating 67 birthdays. Not everyone gets to do that. I am thankful to have observed this day with people who love me, and whom I love. Not everyone gets to do that. I am thankful to not know what to tell people who asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I can't think of anything money can buy that I need. Not everyone can say that. I could go on, but I only need to say that I thank God for the blessings I've known, and pray for the wisdom, grace, and opportunity to pass my blessings on to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment