Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Home Sweet Home

April 19, 2016

By the time I left the house this morning for my 7:30 breakfast meeting, Linda had already gone to the first of two appointments before leading her exercise group at 9:00. By the time I pulled in the driveway at a little past noon, she was going full bore preparing for her Women's Bible study group, doing laundry, cleaning bathrooms, making soup and brownies for a library volunteer dinner, besides tending to some outdoor projects. Those are just the tasks of which I am aware.

I don't know anyone who works harder and accomplishes more in a day than my wife. She makes our home a place pleasant to come home to in the evening, a place of order and peace. Everything is in its place, and no matter where I look in our home, I see signs of her love. She was pretty tired when she got home from her library dinner tonight; almost didn't make it through NCIS! As I wrap up my day with these few words, she slumbers beside me, a hard earned rest. I don't deserve the life I've been given, but am deeply grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment