Sunday, October 25, 2015

Flat Tire, No Rain

October 25, 2015

Sometimes I'm grateful for significant blessings, sometimes it's the little things that catch my attention. Tonight it's one of those little things. Yesterday I rode my sidecar bike to Warren, PA, about an hour's drive south of us. In the morning when I left home, it was only about 45 degrees, a bit of a chilly ride no matter how you cut it. I was bundled well enough and made the trip without incident. It was warmer for the return trip, but there was a misty rain for the first twenty miles, so by the time I got home, my legs were pretty damp even if the moisture hadn't been able to penetrate my leather jacket.

Today I rode to church. It was a nice morning, no incidents. This evening I drove it back to church again for SOTA (School Of The Arts) to teach bass. On the way home as I rounded the bend down by my daughter's home, the bike suddenly didn't want to steer. I backed off the throttle, but it still wanted to track straight. Fortunately, nothing was coming as I crossed lanes to the side road on the bend. I limped the last half mile home on a flat front tire. I am grateful that a) nothing was coming as I (almost) rounded the bend, and b) that it didn't happen last night in the rain twenty miles from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment