Thursday, October 15, 2015

Etymology Pays Off

October 15, 2015

Some days are just more productive than others. Today when I really needed to be pressing into my sermon for the Koinonia weekend, my head just wouldn't cooperate to any significant degree. I did however, manage to process over 36 quarts of grape juice, uncover the septic tanks at our homes both in Cassadaga and Sinclairville so they can be pumped out tomorrow, and attended our daughter's book signing tonight at our local library. Lots of good stuff for which I'm grateful, but watching your daughter becoming a successful author has to top the list. All those evenings at the dinner table noting the Greek and Latin etymology of words when she was growing up has begun to pay off. They all laughed back then, but inside I'm smirking tonight. Tomorrow's another day; the sermon will come together, and I will be very thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment