Saturday, October 8, 2022

Although…Yet

 October 8, 2022

The very first wedding at which I was able to officiate was that of Carol Burton and Craig McCleod. I won’t say how long ago that was. Carol grew up in the Alabama Methodist Church and went to Oral Roberts University where she met Craig. I had barely arrived as the new pastor of the Alabama church when I learned that their wedding had been in planning stages and was about to become a reality. They settled in Oklahoma after the wedding, where she later began a ministry teaching and writing. Tonight’s meditation which resonated with me is from her regular FB postings. I offer it as she wrote it. Thank you, Carol, for your wisdom.


“During the pandemic ...there was a scripture that meant so much to me.


I still think about this particular Bible verse often.


Let me explain ...


Habakkuk was a prophet ... and he cried out to God.


He didn't like what was going on in the world ... and he wondered what God was going to do about it.


God answered Habakkuk and reminded him who was in charge ... and it wasn't Habakkuk.


God told Habakkuk that men choose evil ways ... and always would.


God also reminded Habakkuk that the righteous would live by faith.


Habakkuk then responded to the Lord ...


"Although the fig tree should not blossom

And there be no fruit on the vines,

Although the yield of the olive should fail

And the fields produce no food,

Although the flock should be cut off from the fold

And there be no cattle in the stalls,


Yet I will exult in the LORD,

I will rejoice in the God of my salvation." - Habakkuk 3:17 & 18


Although ... although ...although ... yet.


I want to learn the "although - yet" lesson.


Although the economy fails ... yet I will praise the Lord.


Although a pandemic rages ... yet I will praise the Lord.


Although the government is in upheaval ... yet I will praise the Lord.


Have you learned the "although-yet" principle yet?


I'm working on it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment