Tuesday, July 26, 2022

A Blessed Day

 July 26, 2022

Both my daughters-in-law are camera queens; me, not so much. It’s about an hour after the event takes place that I think to myself, “I should have gotten pictures of that!” Today was no different. The day was for the most part ordinary and uneventful, unless you remember that every person you meet is someone made in the image of God. THAT changes everything!


The morning began as it will end, with my wife beside me, sleeping quietly. In between, I had breakfast with my good friend Ken, met the new waitress at Lisciandro’s, before joining about ten other pastors for prayer. A short stop for a few necessary items at Walmart, a quick hello to our friend Sam at Panera as I bought coffee for my friend Rick, homebound by a stroke ten years ago. Rick can’t speak, so I filled him in on the latest news, prayed together, and left for home. 


I needed to pull honey, and now have about 80 pounds of it to process, but that will wait till tomorrow. I pulled the clutch off our son’s wood splitter and discovered a sheared key that had wedged itself against the housing. That was good news; it means I don’t have to buy a new engine! Our friend Johnny came to dinner, and now it’s just Linda, me, and the dogs sitting on the patio. As I said, I don’t have many pictures; just some of the honey, the sheared key, and Linda, but I don’t need photos to know I am blessed. I am by nature somewhat of a recluse, but when a day is filled with people you know and love, it can’t be a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment