Sunday, November 10, 2019

Missed Opportunity

November 10, 2019

“Sold it yesterday.” The message was terse and to the point. Last week I contacted someone on Facebook Marketplace about a piece of equipment he had for sale. I met his price, but told him I couldn’t come to get it till Monday. If it sold between Friday and Monday, so be it. I had hoped it would still be available, but he sold it to someone else yesterday. 


I’m disappointed, but not distraught. There was a time in my life when I would have “what if’ed” and “If only’d” myself into a real funk; Linda would bear the brunt of my growling for days to come. It took years for me to learn to trust God even in the disappointments. It’s not the end of the world; people have to deal all the time with far more serious issues than missing out on a good deal on a piece of equipment. Another will come along, and if not, I know God is still in control, and that gives me peace of mind and a grateful heart tonight. And that gives me a grateful wife tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment