Saturday, November 24, 2018

Finished!

November 24, 2018

Tonight’s thankful note is short. I am tired. What I have to say will interest no one but myself, my wife, my son and daughter-in-law: the bathroom project is finished! Two full days of tiling and today for cleaning the grout lines and grouting wraps it up. There is about an hour’s worth of shiplap to install, but it hasn’t been painted yet and I think Matt and friend Bob plan on tackling that. 

It all began in August, installing an upstairs shower so the family wouldn’t have to beg baths from neighbors during the remodel. Complete demolition down to studs and floor joists, followed by relocating the shower head, installing new fixtures, making some aesthetic changes, drywall, new electric and completely replumbing the entire house. A tile floor and shower surround completed the job. 


In case you’re wondering, the answer is No, I’m not available for hire. I have a life to get back to, and am looking forward to it. Thankfully

No comments:

Post a Comment