Sunday, November 25, 2018

Angels Rejoicing

November 25, 2018

He ambled my way, head down, walking slowly. When I called with the usual “How ya doing?” he answered, “OK.” I looked him up and down and when I said, “You don’t look OK,” it all poured out. We’d had similar conversations before, so I told him, “You’ve been sitting on the fence for quite awhile, one foot in both worlds. You need Jesus, and you gotta make a decision. Are you ready to do that?” 

“Yeah, I am.” 
I said, “I’ll pray for you, but I can’t ask Jesus into your heart for you. You have to do that yourself.” So he prayed; not an ordinary conventional prayer to receive Christ, but genuine and heartfelt. He gave me a big hug; I went on my way to Dunkirk, and he to worship.

Sharing this story with Debbie, a co-worker at Dunkirk, she smiled and said, “Last Monday at Willow (our food pantry), Gabe and two of his friends prayed to receive Christ.” Then this evening, I ran into pastor Joe.

“What great news!” My young friend literally dragged him and Fred (another friend who is passionate about Jesus) to the parking lot, pointed to the ground and excitedly said, “Right here! Right here is where it happened!”


So tonight, the angels are rejoicing over four young people snatched from the grasp of the Enemy and ushered into the glorious Kingdom of God. And with them, I too am giving joyful thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment