Sunday, January 29, 2017

Heart Transplant

January 29, 2017

Three times Ezekiel records the promise. "I will give them a new heart." in 36:26, he gives his most complete version: "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh."

In late December, Linda had a dream. She was at her mother's house which was full of people. A young man in a white suit was there, along with two female companions. In spite of their beautiful clothes, she alone could see that inside, they were evil; none of the others in the house could see the shadowy hearts of these three, and despite her pleadings, were being led astray by them. Linda related that she wasn't sure if she woke up, or if it was part of the dream, but she heard a voice that said, "You tried to do it all on your own, when all you needed to do was to call out my name - Jesus." She continued, "When I did that, Jesus, dressed in shimmering white, came down through the air."

She took this dream as a divine prodding to be more prayerful, and began to reflect on the above text in Ezekiel, which in turn, led to her to change how she asks people what they want her to pray for. After telling people about God's promise of a heart transplant in Ezekiel, she asks, "What kind of a heart do you want God to give you?" The responses she has been getting have been amazing, and people are already relating how God is answering her prayers for them. I am married to an amazing woman who challenges me to keep growing. For her, I am thankful tonight. What kind of a heart do you want God to give you?

No comments:

Post a Comment