Saturday, March 12, 2016

Apology Accepted!

March 11, 2016

Even in the most Edenic gardens the sun doesn't always shine. Linda and I had a difference of opinion that boiled over into an actual argument. And as arguments usually go, it got out of hand. We didn't actually yell at each other, but the tension was clearly there, and sadly, it wasn't originally about anything that really mattered. Before it had settled down, I had said something that was hurtful, and she was in tears. We let matters settle for awhile, and I knew I needed to apologize. Why is it that we are willing to hold our ground and insist on our way over stuff that doesn't matter? Whatever the reason, I am grateful tonight for a wife who received my apology and was willing to put the matter behind her. It takes real character to do that. The storm has passed, and even though it's night, the sun is shining once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment