Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Lion-Hearted

 September 4, 2024

More than a month ago I detoured from talking about lions; specifically, Satan the roaring lion who seeks to devour us, and Jesus, the Lion of the tribe of Judah. I detoured to talk about the protection, the defense God gives us to deal with that counterfeit lion.


Today I want to look at a different lion…YOU. 


If you want to know how to live your best life, read the book of Proverbs…again and again. here’s a gem from Proverbs 28:1


“The wicked flee when no one pursues, But the righteous are bold as a lion.”

—Proverbs 28:1 


There have been times in my life when I wanted to be able to act boldly, to stand firmly amidst opposition, but caved at the last moment. Looking back, I realize that whenever that happened, I had sinned, causing my confidence to evaporate. I was like Samson who when Delilah shaved his head, didn’t realize that the Spirit of the Lord had left him. He tried to do the mighty things he had done before, but was weak and powerless. 


Sin undermines confidence. We may put on a smiley face and strut around like a peacock, but if we let jealousy, anger, melancholy, fear, unforgiveness, and the like have a place in our hearts, our confidence gets stripped away. If you want to be bold, be righteous!

No comments:

Post a Comment