Friday, September 20, 2024

Giving Up

September 20,2024

I am not a particularly emotional person.  In fact, most of the time I don’t even know what I am feeling. So when I see people getting all teary-eyed or excited in worship, I often wonder what’s wrong with me. Add to that the many times I screw things up, I have often thought, “Well, you’ve done it this time, Bailey; God surely has had enough of you by now.” Whenever I think this way, I have to go back to the Scriptures.

“[I am] confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ;”                                                                                              —Philippians 1:6 

I take great comfort in these words because they not only give me assurance, but also reassure me about you (and others, too).


There have been many times in my life when I’ve been so discouraged at my failures and lack of progress in grace that I felt, “Why bother?” One day when I had failed miserably, I said to the Lord, “Lord, if I were you, I would be so done with me.” His response to my heart was, “Aren’t you glad I’m not you?” I am. And I am grateful for this promise that our Heavenly Father will not give up on either you or me. 


And because God never gives up, I won’t. Don’t you, either.


No comments:

Post a Comment