Saturday, September 10, 2022

Godly Men

 September 10, 2022

“What was the best part of the day for you?” I had asked Linda this question, and after answering, she turned the tables on me. I had to choose between having the grandkids overnight (which is always a plus for us!), Sinclairville History Days, our annual village celebration which features all that’s good about small town life, and listening to some men talk about how Jesus Christ has changed their lives. As much as I love our grandkids, and however much I appreciate living in a small village, I had to vote for the men.


There is something unique about men who are willing to share their faults and failings so others can experience God’s grace for themselves. Over the years, I’ve known men who simply cannot or don’t want to relate to a pastor. It’s like pastors live on a different planet, often one men have no interest in inhabiting. But another man who works in a factory, drives a truck, or goes to an office day after day is a different story, especially when that man is willing to admit his struggles. Suddenly, a different life doesn’t seem so unattainable. 


I listened to these men tell how Jesus rescued them from sin and self, and literally turned their lives around; I am humbled to stand with them and deeply grateful for their testimonies of the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They inspire and encourage me to be a better man myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment