Saturday, June 11, 2022

Spirit Filled work

June 11, 2022


Somehow, projects around here tend to morph from one thing to another. Fortunately, that sometimes works out to the good. A couple months ago, son Matthew had a garage built He even had the concrete floor poured, which meant that once it cured, the 1942 Harley that’s been sitting in my garage for years could have a new home. Last Sunday afternoon when we went to Ellie’s birthday party, I loaded the bike in the bucket of my tractor and drove to the party, stopping at Matt’s to deliver said bike. Step one.


The part of our garage floor where the front left tire sits has been sagging for at least a year. Deciding it was time to get it fixed, I bought lumber from an Amish sawyer, and instead of waiting to have it done by professionals, yesterday I tackled the project myself. Turns out, instead of completely tearing out the old plywood and replacing it with the lumber I bought, all I needed to do was screw a sister to the joist at the seam of the plywood, and we were in business. But in the process of moving all the garage contents to the other side in anticipation of replacing the entire floor, I decided to rearrange my shelving to give me more available work space. Once all the antique motorcycle parts get delivered to Matt, I’m not going to need as 

much shelving as before. 


As it so happened, today was village clean up day, when we can take anything at all down to the village barn and load it into the dumpster at no charge. When rearranging the garage, it’s amazing how much unnecessary stuff you find lying around. I filled up the truck and further emptied the garage. Things are shaping up!


“And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.” —Genesis 1:2


The best part of it all is knowing that cleaning my garage is a work of the Holy Spirit. Genesis 1:2 tells us how the Holy Spirit brought order .  out of chaos, which is exactly what I’ve been doing.  Anytime we bring order out of chaos, we are participating in the work of the Holy Spirit  

No comments:

Post a Comment