Sunday, May 22, 2022

Hosanna Again

 May 22, 2022

When I started writing nightly articles back in 2013, it was a personal discipline in gratitude as a means of changing my outlook on life. Every night I wrote about three things, gifts of God’s grace, for which I gave thanks. A little over a year later, I noticed the cloud of melancholy that had hung over my head for as long as I can remember had disappeared. I became a firm believer in the power of gratitude.


Over time, my musings turned to reflections on Scripture and life in general, but gratitude hasn’t been abandoned. I still maintain that discipline, but only write about it occasionally. Tonight, I return to it to give thanks for my son being able to join the worship team this morning. For most of the service, he stayed in the background playing guitar, but as the service concluded, Todd began singing “Multiplied,” and at the chorus, Nate joined him as he has done so many times before. The last time Nate was able to be up front was Palm Sunday. Today, I would give thanks and sing again, “Hosanna!” “God saves!” to our Lord Jesus Christ who gave this morning to us as we lifted hands and voices in praise.


No comments:

Post a Comment