Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Demolition

May 27, 2020

My wife thinks my preferring to work alone is so I can be a grumpy old man and nobody knows. I pointed out that when I work, I work. I can’t multi-task; as my son once said of someone who claimed that skill, “You can’t even task.” That’s me. It always amazes me when Linda works with others. The chatter is constant; I, on the other hand, am content not trying to make conversation when I’m wielding tools. 

The long and short of it is that yesterday when the kids were visiting Jeanine’s father prior to his surgery, and today while Matt was Zooming with his students, I was able to tear down the wall between the kitchen and living room. Grandson Nathan willingly added his youthful energy to the project. Give a boy a man-sized hammer and a target, and one way or another, the job will get done. The only talking required of me was to give occasional instructions as to the next step in the project. For this dyed in the wool introvert, it was a glorious day! And for the record, we introverts are not anti-social; we just like our people in small doses, one at a time. And spread out over time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment