Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Double blessing

February 7, 2017

It's interesting, to say the least, entertaining at times, annoying at other times. I can't remember when I first noticed it, but it's been a couple years now. It's most noticeable at night when I'm driving, but this morning on the way into town, it was in full force, and again this evening as I was trying to watch a bit of tv. It's double vision. Two sets of street lights, tail lights, stop lights, side-by-side reflective markers on the side of the road, double double lines in the middle of the road. As I said, it makes life interesting.

I'm wondering how I can capitalize on it. Maybe it can give me an excuse for my poor showing at deer hunting, or my missed notes while playing my bassoon. Surely I now have a reason to rest my eyes during the Sunday sermon. Two pastor Joes is one too many! I doubt though, if I can convince anyone that double vision causes snoring. It might be possible however, to make a case for taking twice as long to read a book. After all, I have twice as many words to look at! I do think it would behoove me to be extra careful where I put my fingers when I'm using my table saw.

Yes, I've been to the eye doctor. He says it's just weakened eye muscles, a by-product of aging. So, how does one go about strengthening the eye muscles? Is there such a thing as eye pushups or squats? Maybe I'll just give 'em a rest. It is past my bedtime, and I'm thankful to be able to see. After all, if you look at it right, it's a double blessing. You get to see God's good earth but once. I get a double dose every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment