Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Strength

 July 19, 2023

The other day as I was breaking up the concrete liner for the pond that lies across the driveway from our house, I think I pulled something in my back. Bending over or turning sideways sends a shock that instantly makes me reconsider that move. But a sore back doesn’t mean work can be left undone, and when that work involves thousands of tiny critters with venomous potential, I’m the only one who can do the job. I can’t even get help from the hardest worker in our household.


God is good; the job needed to be done, and I will lay down tonight with about 100 lbs of honey taken from my colonies and with the satisfaction of knowing that every colony is thriving, even the one I cut out from a house in Ellington; the original source of my errant back. I managed to lift an 80 lb box of honey and bees without further injury. I hadn’t been looking forward to tackling this job with a bad back, but am thankful tonight that God strengthened me to finish the job. I am taking the Scripture somewhat out of context and perhaps am stretching its meaning, but tonight I agree with St. Paul who said, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”


No comments:

Post a Comment