Friday, July 14, 2023

Praises

 July 14, 2023










Yesterday was a banner day! Sometimes God’s blessings come disguised as problems; I’ve had a few of those lately. Today’s blessings were like low-lying fruit, ripe and ready to be enjoyed. 


Our men’s prayer group met at 6:00 am as usual, with the introductory Psalm speaking directly to me. More on that on another day. I went straight from prayer to the second day of extracting a colony of bees from the wall of a house. It was a miserable job; part of the colony was behind some framing for the porch, and some was above the soffit in the eaves. In all, there was about fifteen feet of comb filled with brood and honey, and covered with bees—the largest colony I’ve ever seen. By the time I was done, everything ached from climbing up and down the ladder and getting stung on the ankles. But…the job is done, and since I didn’t charge anything, the owner of the house can’t complain about anything not being to his satisfaction.


Following a much-needed shower, I headed to Buffalo to pick up my repaired bass from Monaco’s Violin shop. Mark Monaco is a magician when it comes to repairs! I am grateful to live in a country where such craftsmanship is available, and I’m very happy to have my old bass back. The attached photos are “before” and “after.”


A stop to the Apple Store for a keyboard for my replacement iPad (my old one took a walk, along with my phone, hearing aids, and a few other odds and ends) ended with the tech man being able to sync the keyboard Nate gave me so I didn’t have to buy a new one. His honesty was a gift to me; he could have told me he couldn’t get it synced, and I would have been none the wiser. I am finally writing tonight after a two-week hiatus.


A few other matters were addressed before heading home and receiving the best news of all, which has to await permission to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment