Friday, April 21, 2023

Get it Right

 April 21, 2023

“And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”” —Matthew 16:18-19 


I find it both amazing and encouraging that Jesus would give such authority to his disciples, given that they were so slow to comprehend the simplest of his teachings. Peter didn’t understand doctrinal details (see vv. 5-12), completely missed how God planned to offer salvation (vv. 15-19), but what was most important, he got right: He knew who Jesus was (“You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” (Matthew 16:16).


I can be thickheaded about doctrine. I’ve often missed how god wants to work, but if I get it right about Jesus, all will be well. No matter what else you get wrong, if you get it right about Jesus, all will be well.


No comments:

Post a Comment