Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Sing!

 December 29, 2021

“Sing to the LORD a new song!” Psalm 96 and 98 begin with these words; a command, no less! Psalm 96 continues, “Proclaim the good news of his salvation from day to day.” Revelation 5:9 describes the saints singing a new song of redemption through the blood of the Lamb. A new song…


I haven’t been singing much lately. I don’t know why; it’s not that I haven’t anything to sing about. I just haven’t been singing. I wonder how much joy is waiting to be released from heaven through songs yet unsung. Just as giving thanks is a command (1 Thessalonians 5:18), so we are commanded to sing this new song of salvation. 


Forgive me Lord, for ignoring this plain word of Scripture. Put your new song in my mouth (Psalm 40:13); maybe it will migrate from there to my heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment